Sunday, September 5, 2010

Last Level On Cubefeild

training brings something - Central German (half) Marathon

Waldemar Cierpinski was Olympic champion in the marathon in 1976 and 1980 and one of the sports legends of the GDR. Today, he owns a shop in Halle an der Saale and is committed to the long-distance running in Saxony-Anhalt.



His idea was the Central German marathon, which went ursrpünglich from Leipzig to Halle before Starting location was completely unknown backwater Spergau. However, the Marathon has a flaw - the area around warehouse is completely empty and so is the marathon course, even if it has some nice places. Since I know the area, was my motivation to run the marathon correspondingly low. In Hall, however, once I had spent my student years and so I chose the 21 km, around here even take part. Contrary to my usual habits I did in preparation even all kinds of runs that will likely be referred to as tempo runs. Once I overcame me even to interval training (5x1000 m in 4:20). The aim was to beat my personal best of 1:40. In addition I wanted to start running with 4:30 and clearly arrive at 1:40.
The race numbers on the eve was a nice match, but were by this time the 10 km run and some students instead of seasons. Because I had seriously considered, but prefer to jog the marathon desert, rather than going to torture over 21 km.
Good thing I did not. After starting the half marathon on Hansering there is a small round went through the town, then back over the start line, so that the crew saw their runners again. The next 1.5 km on the high street with views in Halle-Neustadt could discover how to be in the 70s, presented the city of the future. Then it went down from the bridge over the powder meadows. I had my running rhythm found and then gradually overtook the runners that the race had started too fast. Now the line was always nice and led through the park and on the Peißnitz Saale shore to the castle Giebichenstein. My Garmin showed average speeds of around 4:35 min / km, which I thought was quite ok. At some point I had overtaken a gray shirt. I stayed a few meters distance behind him and overtook all the time runners who were bit slower. At km 15 it went up about 200 yards the only run to the right Steigungdes Giebichenstein. The route through the castle with the classical music trio gambling was beautiful, disturbing, however, my running rhythm. There were also some other places it Music I do not need. Spectators were found only on target, however.

is at all the half-marathon run more like a beautiful landscape as a city with a lot of wheel running. Eventually came km 18 and 1:22 had elapsed. I was surprised that I could rankommen thus quite close to the 1:35. The last two miles on the now slightly rising high street were a right pain and could not speed up more.

is in the picture just before the goal is to see good, too. 1:35,15 remained at the clock stops, so that was my best time by more than 5 min improved. # 19 of 155 starters in the age group is a dimension that I have never reached. Nevertheless, such competition will probably never be my true love.

0 comments:

Post a Comment