Saturday, June 5, 2010

Viral How Long To Stay Home

no Ultra in the night from Apfelstädt

In my project, in Biel 100 km, mainly because I have two things concern. This is again the distance and the other to walk at night. After the 73 km on the Rennsteig I hope to be able to cope with the remaining 27 km and a pinch wandering. To try to run at night, have had an ultra small in the vicinity. Jörn Trautmann, an experienced ultra runner, has the annual running event for everybody in the IMSA Apfelstädt this year by an 8 km run on a 10 hour night run ("sunrise from sunset") inflated.
Now it seemed to me not particularly useful, a week before Biel a 10 hour ultra run. For a leisurely three-hour training run of 22.00 bis 1.00 clock, the event was highly appropriate.


The circuit of 1.77 km was very nice. Around 800 m, it was under the trees on the banks of the river Apfelstädt along before the track parallel behind some gardens again led back to asphalt. This section could see the trains passing by the nearby railway line and follow how to stand after midnight a light stripe on the horizon. At the end of the trail in front of the clubhouse were the laps counted and supplies the runner. I had some doubts, as the supply contactor threatening to drink in every round of Jörn a bottle of beer. But either they did not make it or tolerate it more than I think. The time just flew by. Mostly I was talking with other runners, but a few laps I was also aware of its own to let the approach of night for me.
After three hours, I stopped the run with regret and drove the 15 minutes home. The start of the night might not be the big problem in Biel - rather the time after 1 clock.


What I did not even almost succeeded. At 6 clock I got up and ran loose nor the last hour of the race now in the warming up of the sun. And I only had a bad conscience when I relaxed and fresh the hero of the night overtook him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment